|« Back to calendar||« Previous Event | Next Event »|
This is a community-based project where the people living in the community are taught to raise funds and ask for help from the government, organizations, businesses, and people living abroad that hail from that community. It will be administered by the Youth and Development Association, the District Chief Executive, a member of parliament, chief and elders of that community.
Our first focus is to help eliminate the old pit latrine system and upgrade it to community restrooms.
Project: There will be a fundraising for the construction of five (5) community restrooms.
1. The community will form a volunteer group to be called the Youth and Development Association.
2. Artisans living within that community are also mobilized together, e.g. masons, carpenters, painters, electricians, welders, etc.
3. These two groups will come together to execute the project
4. The district assembly or regional minister within that community will appoint an architect whose duty is to make sure that plans for the project are carried out by the artisans.
5. The District Chief Executive, a member of parliament for that community, chief and elders of the community will supervise the project.
Funding of the Project:
1. The community will organize fundraising
2. The community will ask for funding from the government through the district assemblies
3. The community will ask for funding from other non-governmental organizations.
4. The community will ask for funding from businesses both in Ghana and outside Ghana.
5. The community will ask for funding from people who live abroad who hail from that community.
Place of Launching:
This project will be launched on September 25, 2010 at Awukugua Akwapim, Eastern Region in the Okere constituency of the Akwapim North District of Ghana.
With unity we can achieve our goals. United we stand, divided we fall. This is a non-political project. This project belongs to the community and Ghana. ONE PEOPLE, ONE NATION, ONE DESTINY. Amos 3:3 says, “Can two people walk together unless they agree or unless they are one.” Government alone can not build our nations. Let us come together and build.
Thank you, Comments and suggestions are welcome.